Ticket Sales Information
We are happy to share DCA's 2021-2022 season. It's both our 30th anniversary season and our long-awaited reopening season. We’re glad to back and are doing everything we can to stay open. Please review our COVID Protocols prior to purchasing and again, prior to show night.
ALL TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE.
Check out our 30th Anniversary Playlist on Spotify. The playlist features one track representing each season performance in chronological order.
- This event has passed.
John Hiatt and The Jerry Douglas Band
Sunday, August 22 @ 8:00 pm
Date: Sunday, August 22, 2021 | Time: 8 p.m.
Tickets: $ 55 / $ 68 / $ 78
• For the foreseeable future, masks will be required for everyone on site including patrons, staff, volunteers, crew, caterers and performing artists (except when removed as needed and desired for performance). Masks are required regardless of vaccination status.
• We urge anyone feeling unwell to stay at home. Full refunds are available.
• As protocols and data changes, patrons may request a full refund.
• In fall 2020, Door Community Auditorium’s HVAC system was upgraded by Gibraltar Schools. Ionization bars were installed within the air handlers and outside air damper (fresh air) was increased. Filters in the HVAC system were upgraded from Merv 7 to 13.
• We will mail advance sales tickets if possible rather than holding them at the box office to reduce face to face contact and close proximity queuing.
• 10 hands-free hand-sanitizing stations are placed strategically around the facility.
• Playbills will be available as electronic, not print, documents.
• Most performances will last about 70-90 minutes and include no intermissions, no merchandise signing, no concessions, nor artist meet and greets. Old Crow Medicine Show and John Hiatt & Jerry Douglas will both have longer shows with a set change.
• We will reduce volunteer crew to an essential skeleton crew to reduce number of individuals on site
• We are urging all staff and volunteers to be vaccinated.
• Beginning with our August 8th show, capacity will be set at 60% with the possibility of capacity increasing based on Door County’s levels of transmission two weeks prior to individual events taking place. We are unable to accommodate social distancing for the larger touring acts given their considerable production expenses.
The Los Angeles Times calls John Hiatt “one of rock’s most astute singer-songwriters of the last 40 years.” A master lyricist and satirical storyteller, Hiatt delivers songs filled with tales of redemption, relationships, and surrendering on his own terms. Based in acoustic blues and roots/rock, Hiatt’s songs have been recorded by Bob Dylan, Bonnie Raitt (“Thing Called Love”), and Emmylou Harris. Hiatt will be joined at DCA by world-renowned Dobro virtuoso (and 14-time Grammy winner) Jerry Douglas and his band. Douglas (“the Jimi Hendrix of the Dobro”) is best known for his work with the Earls of Leicester, Alison Krauss and Union Station, and artists like Garth Brooks, Ray Charles, and Paul Simon.
“Fearlessly honest…compelling and beautifully crafted.” – Allmusic