Become a member of the DCA family…
From the very “idea” of a Door County performing arts facility to opening curtain on July 6, 1991, volunteers have been fundamental to the birth of the Door Community Auditorium and for the past 24 seasons, its success. Contributing their time, talents, and energy to making wonderful things happen, volunteers are essential to DCA’s well-being.
There are many benefits to volunteering at DCA, not least of all the camaraderie and fellowship shared with friends and neighbors. Volunteers are entitled to:
- Order tickets in advance of the general public, and
- Take an empty seat and enjoy the show when they are actively volunteering.
(Seating is based on availability!)
We hope you will take a moment to review the many volunteer opportunities listed below. For your convenience, a volunteer application form is available for downloading and printing, or you may use our secure online volunteer application form.
The Door Community Auditorium is in need of volunteers for the following:
- Ushers – Place program insert in playbill books before the show begins, greet and seat patrons, distribute playbill books with seating, assist with emergency procedures as needed, prevent patrons from going backstage unless specifically invited by a Director, assist with miscellaneous duties assigned by Event Captain(s)
- Concessionaires – Prepare coffee, serve beverages and snacks during intermission, clean-up following intermission
- Parking Lot Attendant – Direct traffic in the parking lot one-hour prior to the performance, concluding 10 minutes after the show has begun
- Lobby (Merchandise) Sales – Assist with merchandise sales prior to the performance, during intermission, and following the show, close out and balance at the conclusion of event’s sales
- Tech Crew – Load in/load out of equipment, helping with security, miscellaneous backstage duties
- Will Call – Give pre-purchased tickets to patrons as they arrive (assignment made through DCA box office)
Special Event Planning:
Each year the Auditorium puts together a few “special events” including volunteer appreciation activities, benefit concerts, gala events, etc. Volunteer support is very important to the success of these activities.
- Rack Card and Poster Distribution – Throughout the year, posters, rack cards, and brochures publicizing DCA events and programming are distributed to commercial establishments throughout the area. We need volunteers to distribute the information to the peninsula’s villages and towns, following up during the season to ensure that the material is current.
- Green Thumb Committee – This great group of “green-thumbers” really makes our gardens grow! Volunteers in this area help with planting and watering flowers, weeding, and other basic gardening tasks that keep the DCA grounds looking beautiful. The Green Thumb Committee Captain is responsible for delegating duties and signing up committee volunteers to work during the summer and fall months.
- Photography – Photographic documentation of DCA programming, entertainers, sponsors, volunteer participation, and special events is essential to our future. A camera is available to volunteers who will share their photographic expertise.
Contact our office to become a Volunteer