Door Community Auditorium (DCA) has hosted exciting performances and events on its main stage for 32 years, benefitting the community, students of Gibraltar schools, and visitors to Door County. The physical auditorium is owned by Gibraltar Schools, but we – DCA – operate as a separate non-profit organization, leasing the space from the school, presenting big-name concerts, supporting student performances and exhibits, and providing a home for eclectic community events. All of these programs are DCA’s identity, our “song, story, and verse.” And as with all powerful performances, it’s time for an encore.
DCA’s ENCORE Campaign supports the creation of a new, supplemental venue and facility. With donations received thus far, we acquired the property directly across the street from the Auditorium (where the Fish Creek Grill once stood). We are now raising funds for the construction of a facility that will expand our offerings, deliver greater value to our audiences, and provide:
- Smaller scale indoor and outdoor performance areas to expand opportunities to showcase student, local, and regional talent
- Music practice rooms for student use and instrumental instruction not offered in the school
- A full catering kitchen for improved artist hospitality and special events
- Space for hosting pre- and post-event receptions
- Offices and collaboration space for DCA administrative staff and potentially other nonprofit organizations – we have outgrown the office space housed within the auditorium’s box office
- Expanded accessible parking usable for events on the main stage auditorium. The completion of sidewalks, lighting, and an ADA compliant crosswalk, with flashing lights and median, has greatly improved safe passage between the two properties
Join us for DCA’s Encore by making a donation to our capital campaign. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss the project and explore naming possibilities.
We are looking for donors at every level to help this dream take shape. We have naming opportunities for folks who support the project financially.